Many of us have dreamed of a day when the Cantina would open at Hollywood Studios — a sort of alien version of Trader Sam’s, where a funky band plays and you can argue over who shot first to your heart’s content.
We can’t exactly promise that, but we are one parsec closer this year: Just for Star Wars Weekends, Disney is opening the Rebel Hangar: A Star Wars Lounge Experience in part of the Backlot Express.
But you’d better act fast; reservations are going faster than the Millennium Falcon with a Star Destroyer hot on its tail.
The temporary lounge will have a food and drink menu heavy on the Star Wars puns, including:
- Lightsaber Bites – hand-dipped corn-battered knockwurst sausages with house-made chips and mustard dipping sauce
- The Dark Fried – Chicken and Darth Vader waffles served with maple syrup and sweet barbecue sauce
- Trio of Thermal Detonators – spicy pork wings topped with spicy piquillo-pepper sauce and slaw
- Slider Sampler featuring “The Sith” barbecue-braised brisket with
cole slaw and “The Jedi” with barbecued pulled chicken with arugula
- Fruit and Cheese “Sabers” featuring Tillamook cheddar, Brie, goat
cheese, pickled vegetables, crostini, cheddar crackers, blueberries,
raspberries, honeydew melon, strawberry, olives and gherkins
- Chips & Sith – hummus with red pepper coulis, black sesame dust, and corn tortilla chips
- Yoda Key Lime Cake
- Imperial Blue – Maker’s Mark Whisky, Cointreau, Blue Curacao, sweet and sour, topped with Sprite
- Tatooine Sunset – Stoli vanilla, Parrot Bay Coconut Rum, pineapple juice with grenadine
- Rebel Red – Grey Goose vodka, Chambord, sour mix and a splash of grenadine
- Dagobah Swamp Juice – Midori, Tito’s Handmade Vodka, sweet and sour, topped with lemon-lime foam
- The Dark Side – Stoli vanilla vodka, Bailey’s liqueur, crème de cocoa and brownie garnish
- Alderaan Ale
The lounge will be open from 4:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays May 15-June 14, and reservations are required (go to DisneyWorld.com/dine or call 407-WDW-DINE). Prices range from $5.49 and and $16.99, and this is not on the dining plan.
The first Saturday and Sunday already are booked up; although the Disney Parks Blog only announced the new Lounge today, Disney Dining has been taking reservations for at least a week.