|Disney photo of a view of Aulani.|
Aulani, a Disney Vacation Club resort opened on the island of Ohau in Hawai‘i in August 2011.
Here are some six fun facts about the resort:
1. Aulani has one of the largest private collections of contemporary Hawaiian art in the world.
2. The resort is on land that was once used by the National Football League as a training site for the annual Pro Bowl game.
3. The Rainbow Reef is the only private snorkeling lagoon on O‘ahu and offers an up-close look at more than 1,300 brightly colored fish.
4. The weathered concrete bridge which goes over the Waikolohe Stream is dated “1923,” the founding date of the Walt Disney Company.
5. “Aulani” traditionally means “messenger of a chief” or “messenger of a greater authority.”
6. All over the resort are the legendary “little people” of Hawai‘i – the Menehune. The Menehune are concealed at a level where only the smallest guests can easily find them.