The 25th Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival kicks off Feb. 28 and Disney is announcing a few new things to expect.
The festival, will take place during Epcot’s 35th anniversary and will showcase million of blossoms, 15 Outdoor Kitchens, Disney topiaries, a rock concert series and interactive play gardens during the 90-day festival from Feb. 28 to May 28, 2018.
Here’s a look at some of the highlights. More specifics are expected to be announced in the future:
• A new Future World interactive play garden and a revved-up Road to Florida 500 garden featuring new games and play challenges will set the pace for family festival fun. The interactive area in Future World will feature a play maze, a sensory garden, an activity zone and a covered seating area. The redesigned “Cars”-themed garden based on the Disney•Pixar sequel, “Cars 3,” will add more activities like highway bingo for families.
• A new Epcot front-entrance topiary garden will set the milestone anniversary scene with a kaleidoscope of blooming color where topiary icons Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse and Goofy will greet festival guests.
• New dishes at the 15 Outdoor Kitchens encircling the World Showcase Promenade.
• Each Outdoor Kitchen will feature its own raised-bed or in-ground garden of herbs and produce that can inspire the growing numbers of guests who want to learn to grow what they eat.
• The back-by-demand Figment topiary garden between Future World and World Showcase.
• The Royal Tea Garden Tour will return for a second year each festival morning at the United Kingdom pavilion. For a small fee, guests can follow a guide through the tea garden setting to learn the history and artistry behind growing and blending tea. A post-tour treat of tea and scones is included. The shorter, complimentary English Tea Garden Tour also will be offered on select days.
• Disney character topiaries, including classic-character favorites Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck and many others, will play a starring festival role. Returning this year, Belle will be featured in France along with Beast, Snow White in Germany with the Seven Dwarfs, and Anna and Elsa in Norway. The pandas and Bromeliad dragon at the China pavilion will return, the Three Caballeros at the Mexico pavilion, Disney-Pixar’s Woody at the American Adventure pavilion and Buzz Lightyear in Future World will also return.
• The Garden Rocks Concert Series will feature hit makers of the 1960s, ‘70s, ‘80s and ‘90s on the America Gardens Theatre stage. Three evening concerts each Friday through Monday.
• Garden Rocks Dining Packages will be available on select days at a number of Epcot restaurants.