UPDATE: Disney World has now announced it plans to close the parks by Saturday night, Sept. 9 and reopen on Tuesday, Sept. 12. You can find when each park will close here.
Disney is not taking any new dining reservations for Sept. 10 and Sept. 11, according to the Disney website.
In addition, Disney is not enforcing dine reservation cancelation policies, so it will not be enforcing its cancellation fee and there is no need to cancel dining reservations through Monday, Sept. 11.
Restaurants are open as normal, Friday, Sept. 8.
Disney World is operating on normal schedule today, Friday, Sept. 8, but due to the storm coming up through the middle of the state starting Sept. 9, it might just be a matter of time until the resort makes its announcement on when it is closing.
Here are other changes that have been announced and impact travel:
• Orlando International Airport announced it will cease operations at 5 p.m., Saturday, Sept. 9.
• Blizzard Beach will be closed Sept. 8 and Sept. 9 due to the Hurricane.
• The Night of Joy at ESPN Wide World of Sports Completes is canceled for Sept. 9. The Sept. 8 event is still taking place. Guests with tickets for the Saturday event can attend the Friday by exchanging tickets at the box office after 4 p..m. on Friday. Requests for a full refund for either event night will be honored.
• Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party for Sept. 10 is canceled. The Sept. 7 event is still scheduled. For those who have tickets, you can either exchange tickets for another Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, exchange tickets for an upcoming Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, or exchange tickets for a 1 Day Magic Your Way Ticket with Park Hopper Option to be used in the next 2 years.
• Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will closed on Saturday, Sept 10 at 2 p.m. According to a letter given to Disney guests: “We are encouraging all of Our campground Guests traveling with their own vehicles to depart as soon as possible so you can travel a safe distance from the area.”
• The “Spirit of Aloha” dinner show at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort scheduled for Saturday, Sept. 9 as been canceled.
• Highway in the Sky Dine Around for Sept. 9 has been canceled.
• Epcot International Food and Wine Festival’s What’s Cooking With… event on Sunday, Sept. 10 with Alex Guarnaschelli is cancelled.
• Mix It, Make It, Celebrate It! sessions at Epcot International Food and Wine Festival for Monday, Sept. 11 and Tuesday, Sept. 12 are canceled.
• The Aerophile balloon has temporarily halted operations. No reopening date has been announced yet.
• Disney’s Vero Beach Resort is closing Friday, Sept. 8 at 2 p.m.
• Disney Cruise Line has made the following changes. The Sept. 9 sailing of the Disney Fantasy is cancelled. Refunds will automatically be processed back to the original form of payment used for the cruise booking. Guests are invited to book a future cruise at a 25 percent discount. The Sept. 8 and Sept. 11 sailings for the Disney Dream are cancelled. Refunds will automatically be processed back to the original form of payment used for the cruise booking. Guests are invited to book a future cruise at a 25 percent discount.