Disney Parks Blog
Olaf, host of Disney’s “Coolest Summer Ever,” surprised
winter-weary Bostonians Wednesday with a taste of summer.
Walt Disney World will kick off the “Coolest Summer Ever” Memorial Day weekend with a 24-hour party at the Magic Kingdom, Disney announced this morning.
The all-night party runs from 6 a.m. May 22 through 6 a.m. May 23, and guests are invited to “dress to show their Disney Side,” the Disney Parks Blog reported.
Disney has pulled together some new and returning events for what it’s calling the “Coolest Summer Ever.” Here are some of the highlights:
- Frozen Fun returns: A huge hit last year at Hollywood Studios, “Frozen” Summer Fun LIVE will return this summer, from June 17-Sept. 7.
- Star Wars takes center stage: Another returning hit, Star Wars Weekends should be huge this year in the run-up to the opening of “The Force Awakens” in December. Star Wars Weekends run May 15 – June 14 at Hollywood Studios.
- New restaurants and shopping: The transformation of Downtown Disney into Disney Springs continues with new dining and shops opening throughout the summer.
- World Showcase entertainment: New entertainment acts will appear throughout Epcot World Showcase, which also brings a fresh summery twist on fan favorite, Voices of Liberty, which already has started performing at an outdoor stage.
- Polynesian Village Resort: The Polynesian Village Resort has been undergoing a massive overhaul. Expect to find new Disney Vacation Club bungalows perched over the Seven Seas Lagoon with a view of the Magic Kingdom. And look for the opening of Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto, which has been slated for this spring.
- A splash at water parks: Fans of Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach may no longer have to choose between them. A “cool new deal” means you may be able to water park hop. Making it easier: Starting this month, there will be direct bus service between the two parks.