|Disney publicity photo|
If you happen to be at Disney World on Valentine’s Day you may want to try something a little more romantic than riding the Jungle Cruise (although that certainly has its charms).
Here are five romantic things to do on Valentine’s Day, or any day:
1. Couple’s Spa Day: Yes, there is nothing like relaxing together. The new Senses – A Disney Spa at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Senses – A Disney Spa at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort both feature a “couples room” where guests can enjoy specialized spa treatments such as massages and facials.
2. Take to the skies: Fly through the sky with your special someone on a tandem parasail over Bay Lake. You can spend 10 minutes in the air getting a special view of The Magic Kingdom and other resorts. Sammy Duvall’s Watersports Centre at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, (407) 939-0754, is where you can make reservations.
3. Horse-drawn carriage ride: Take a romantic evening ride in an antique horse-drawn carriage through Fort Wilderness Resort. The nighttime outing departs from Pioneer Hall at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground and traverses throughout the scenic landscape of the 750-acre rustic resort. Or you can choose a ride through Port Orleans Resort-Riverside. Each ride lasts about 25 minutes. For reservations, guests can call (407) 939-7529.
4. Romantic memories: Put on your matching shirts and head to every PhotoPass photographer you can find and get your picture taken. Sure, you can take a selfie, but it adds another dimension to have a picture taken from more than an arm’s length away. Plus, don’t you both want a photo of the two of you with those other famous lovebirds, Mickey and Minnie?
5. Ditch the kids: It’s OK. You deserve it, and they’ll have a blast as well. Disney offers a variety of childcare services, including in-room babysitting and children’s activity centers. Get more info here.